In Erich Fromm’s 1956 classic The Art of Loving, he provides some unique insights into the subject of faith that have given me a lot to think about. Fromm did not believe faith is in opposition to reason or rational thinking. On the contrary, he simply made a distinction between rational faith and irrational faith. […]
Latest Updates from RobertRinger.com
Robert's Thoughts & Picks ...
Rather than pursue a potentially great opportunity with someone who repeatedly shows, through his actions, that you’re a low priority with him, you’re almost always better off, in the long run, to deal with people who offer you less opportunity but demonstrate, through their actions, that they consider you to be a top priority. If […]
The World According to Robert
Suffering is for the purpose of arousing you, teaching you, forcing you to use your wits on the problems of your life.
That which you confront you can control; that which you do not confront will control you.
You’re always wrong when you say, “I’ve tried everything.”
You sir, are a hero — by your own standards, and mine. But I grow anxious in waiting for your next article. Perhaps you should become a politician. I believe your motives are pure, and your message could give hope to the masses — and the rest of us that see your insight and wisdom.
I have enjoyed your writing for decades now, particularly Looking Out For Number One, which I have recommended to more people than I can remember.
I just wanted to tell you how truly thankful I am for your stuff.
Why don’t we put aside our personal wisdom for just awhile, and every chance we get, encourage, plead, browbeat, reason with, cajole, whatever it takes to get Ringer to declare [his] presidential candidacy and get on with messages that Americans need to hear.
I am enjoying hearing Mr. Ringer as much as I have enjoyed and benefited from his books in the past. He’s the best! Thanks again!
Thank you for being a beacon and a voice of sanity to me.
In the late ‘70s, as a young man in my late twenties, one of the many books (paperback) I remember reading was Robert J. Ringer’s Winning Through Intimidation. I’m almost 58 now, but I can still remember some of the principles written in his book. … I read this book like someone sips a great glass of wine.
When Looking Out for #1 came out — and I had just gotten out of college at 30 years old — I bought a copy of the book. … It literally turned my life around … Thank you, Mr. Ringer. You saved my life, that’s for sure. … I really feel if I hadn’t read your book, I would have failed totally those thirty years ago. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! You have no idea how much your book meant to my life.
God has now blessed me with your wisdom on a daily basis. I am so glad you are on the net and speaking the truth every day. With gratitude, yours forever, eager to learn and ‘think for myself’ student.
Your philosophy is brilliant. It helped change my life!
Just completed your superb book, Winning through Intimidation, and thought you did an absolutely magnificent job….a most honest and candid writing was truly refreshing to read.
I consider the information I buy from your organization to be among the most valuable of all. … yours has a special ‘ring’ that makes it unique. Thank you, because what I’ve learned from reading you over the years is tremendously valuable.
It was so good to see you after having read all your books and admired your philosophy for so long. As I mentioned at the seminar, your work has helped to change my life. I am making much more now than I ever dreamed possible just a few short years ago. Thank you for taking the time and effort to put these together.
Its contents are so true, so real, and so unorthodox that I am amazed it found its way into print.
Thank you for writing the first totally honest, totally realistic book I’ve ever read. I’ve gotta tell you — reading Winning through Intimidation was very much like the first time I discovered what girls were all about: you find yourself getting very excited, and then you look up and say, ‘Hey, wow! where has this been all my life?’…Sheer, thundering dynamite! Please write more.
Robert, you’re a treasure few people get to enjoy in fulfilling their lives. Yes, I’m so glad your parents decided to have children.
I thoroughly enjoyed your seminar in Houston. It was very well presented and gave food for thought. … You did an excellent job.
Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic….What a work of art.
Just a quick note to let you know how much I enjoyed your seminar last week. … When I got home I used my notes to give your seminar to my wife. Now we are both properly focused, and feeling much more positive about our situation.
I’ve been reading your books since the 1970s and have always found your writings and analyses to be nothing short of brilliant … to my thinking you’re something of a modern prophet. You have a unique ability not only to see reality for what it is, but to communicate that view with an uncanny level of clarity … Thank you for the work you do.
Robert Ringer Social
In the News...
- WHO: Number of Ebola cases passes 10,000Yahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Google exec makes record skydive from edge of spaceYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Lebanese soldiers, militants clashCNN | Oct 25 2014
- New York Ebola Patient’s Fiancée Shares His AltruismNew York Times | Oct 25 2014
- New York, New Jersey order Ebola quarantinesFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Washington school gunman was homecoming princeYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Motive unclear in Wash. state high school shootingFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Woman executed, killed alleged rapistCNN | Oct 25 2014
- Iran Hangs Woman for Killing Alleged RapistNew York Times | Oct 25 2014
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapistFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Ebola vaccines in the worksCNN | Oct 25 2014
- US probes allegations ISIS used chemical weaponsFox News | Oct 25 2014
- Homecoming prince opens fireCNN | Oct 25 2014
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shootingYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spreeYahoo! News | Oct 25 2014
- Coal mine accident in far west China kills 16: XinhuaReuters | Oct 25 2014
- Car Kills a Girl Outside a Bronx SchoolNew York Times | Oct 25 2014
- Cold War relic that refuses to dieCNN | Oct 25 2014
- New Jersey Plan for Sports Betting HaltedNew York Times | Oct 25 2014
- Royals 3, Giants 2: Royals Beat Giants and Win Game 3 of the World SeriesNew York Times | Oct 25 2014